CORDIO was involved in several sessions at the Nairobi Convention COP8 (17 – 24 June 2015, Seychelles), for which supporting documentation is provided below – click on the topics to access documents, and here for updates on CORDIO
1) Blue Economy workshop, 17 – 18 June 2015.
Presentation on Economic Valuation of Ecosystem Services (Northern Mozambique Channel).
2) Partnership workshop, 19 June.
- Locally Managed Marine Areas
- Resilient Coasts (Mangroves For the Future/Eastern Africa)
- Marine Spatial Planning for the WIO
- Northern Mozambique Channel initiative
3) Science to Policy workshop, 20 June
- Sustainable Oceans Initiative, international partner (MSP and EBSA)
4) Delegates to the Nairobi Convention (the COP)
Northern Mozambique Channel
Locally Managed Marine Areas
CORDIO has produced the two reports below, which will be made available at the Partnership Workshop: a review on LMMAs, and an assessment of the legal context for LMMAs in Kenya. In addition, we are a partner in the Macarthur Foundation-funded project on a regional network for local fisheries management, led by WIOMSA.
Publication launch by IUCN under the Resilient Coasts Partnership: Resilience of Coastal Systems and their Human Partners in the Western Indian Ocean.
See this report and the information on Resilience Coasts below.
For more information please to the Resilient Coasts webpage.